Did you know Western Sydney Wanderers are undefeated in their last eight home matches on a Friday night in the Hyundai A-League?
Will that be a good omen for the Wanderers as they host Melbourne Victory at ANZ Stadium tonight?
Check out our Opta Data stats preview to get you in the mood for what promises to be a blockbuster clash between these fierce interstate rivals.
- Melbourne Victory are undefeated in their last six Hyundai A-League games against Western Sydney (W3, D3), and have lost just one of their last 12 matches against the Wanderers (W7, D4).
- This will be the third Hyundai A-League game between the Wanderers and Victory at ANZ Stadium, with the home side yet to score in any of them (D1, L1).
- The Wanderers are undefeated in their last eight games at home on a Friday (W4, D4); though, their only home loss on a Friday in Hyundai A-League history came against Victory in March 2015.
- Victory are winless in their last five Hyundai A-League away games in New South Wales, the last time they went on a longer such run in the state was an eight-game drought across 2013.
- Josep Gombau’s side have a passing accuracy of 74% in opposition territory this campaign, the best of any team in the Hyundai A-League.
- Victory have a shooting accuracy of 50% this Hyundai A-League campaign, only Sydney FC (58%) are more accurate.
- Wanderers midfielder Kearyn Baccus has made 63 passes per game so far this season, the second-most of any player in the Hyundai A-League (min. 5 games).
- Dutch winger Leroy George has assisted 10 goals this season; only twice in the last six Hyundai A-League campaigns has a Victory player made more in a single season (Marco Rojas, 11 in 2016/17, Fahid Ben Khalfallah in 2014/15).