Your Hyundai A-League stats preview: Wanderers v Jets
Did you know Western Sydney Wanderers are undefeated in their last three Hyundai A-League home matches against Newcastle Jets?
And the only previous meeting between these two sides at Spotless Stadium ended in a 2-2 draw?
For more interesting stats and facts ahead of this Friday night blockbuster, check out our stats preview courtesy of Opta Data.
- Newcastle Jets picked up a 4-0 win against the Wanderers when they last met (Rd 12, 2017/18), the biggest win in the history of this Hyundai A-League fixture, also snapping a seven-game winless streak against Western Sydney (D2, L5).
- This will be Josep Gombau’s first game at Spotless Stadium; the Wanderers have lost just one of their previous 10 Hyundai A-League games at the venue (W3, D6) and are undefeated in their last five (W3, D2).
- The Jets have scored at least one goal in every one of their games this season, and will be looking to become just the sixth team in Hyundai A-League history to score in 20 consecutive games.
- Western Sydney has the best pass completion rate of any side this Hyundai A-League season (80.2%).
- Ernie Merrick’s troops have scored 41 goals this Hyundai A-League season, eight more than their Expected Goals; only Sydney FC (+8.7) has outperformed their Expected Goals more than the Jets.
- Wanderers skipper Mark Bridge has either scored or assisted a goal in four of his last five Hyundai A-League games against his former club.