Your Hyundai A-League stats preview: Victory v Jets
It’s a Friday night blockbuster to start Round 13 of the Hyundai A-League with the high-flying Newcastle Jets taking on a resurgent Melbourne Victory.
Check out all the key stats for the AAMI Park clash, courtesy of Opta Data.
- Newcastle picked up a 4-1 win in the last meeting between these teams in the Hyundai A-League, their biggest win against them in over a decade and snapping a five-game winless run against Victory (D2, L3).
- Melbourne Victory will be aiming for back-to-back Hyundai A-League wins against Newcastle Jets at AAMI Park for the first time since 2012/13.
- Kevin Muscat’s side have lost just one of their last 15 games in the Hyundai A-League at AAMI Park (W10, D4) and have picked up 1-0 wins in each of their last three fixtures at the venue.
- The Jets have won four of their last five games away from home in the Hyundai A-League, though they’ve failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 23 games on the road.
- Victory have scored 75% of their goals in the second half of games this campaign, the highest proportion of any team in the Hyundai A-League
- Newcastle Jets have scored 29 goals this Hyundai A-League season, more than any other team after 12 rounds and their most in a single season since scoring 34 goals in 27 games in 2013/14.
- No player has conceded more fouls (32) or been fouled more times (32) than Victory’s James Troisi this Hyundai A-League campaign.
- Jets winger Andrew Nabbout (6 goals, 5 assists) and playmaker Dimitri Petratos (5, 5) are the only players this Hyundai A-League season to have both scored and assisted five goals.