It’s a blockbuster start to Round 11 of the Hyundai A-League with first-placed Sydney FC hosting third-placed Melbourne City at Allianz Stadium on Friday night.
The Sky Blues are coming off a record Sydney Derby win, while Warren Joyce’s City have steadied with back-to-back wins.
Who’ll come out on top? Opta Data tries to help you pick a winner.
- Sydney FC have won their last three games against Melbourne City, the longest winning streak of either team in the history of this fixture in the Hyundai A-League, and they have kept a clean sheet in their last two encounters.
- Melbourne City have picked up competition points in three of their last four visits to Allianz Stadium to face the Sky Blues (W1, D2, L1) in the Hyundai A-League, though the last time they managed more than one goal in a such a fixture was in 2011 (won 4-0).
- The Sky Blues have won just one of their last five games the fixture after scoring 5+ goals in a Hyundai A-League game (D1, L3), a record which includes two losses to Melbourne City.
- Warren Joyce’s men picked up a 2-1 win on their last trip to New South Wales in the Hyundai A-League, and will now be looking for back-to-back victories in the state for the first time since December 2015.
- Sydney have scored four goals within the opening 15 minutes of games this Hyundai A-League campaign, more than any other team.
- City has managed 16 shots on target from outside the box this Hyundai A-League season, more than any other club in the competition and six more than Sydney FC.
- Sky Blues defender Jordy Buijs has a passing accuracy of 88% this Hyundai A-League season, the best of any player to have made at least 200 passes.
- Of the five players to have conceded more than 20 fouls this Hyundai A-League season, three have done so in a Melbourne City jersey (Jakobsen 27, Muscat 26, Mauk 21).