Did you know it’s been almost two years since Sydney FC last lost back-to-back games in the Hyundai A-League?
Finals-chasing Brisbane Roar will be hoping to inflict that result on the Sky Blues on Saturday night when they head to Allianz Stadium to play the defending champions.
We’ve got you covered with all you need to know for what promises to be a ‘Super Saturday’ clash in the Harbour City, thanks to Opta Data.
- Sydney FC are undefeated in their last five Hyundai A-League games against Brisbane Roar (W3, D2). Never before have they gone six games without a loss against the Queensland side.
- Sky Blues boss Graham Arnold has won four of his last six home games against the Roar in the Hyundai A-League, losing just once in that span (D1).
- Brisbane have won their last two Hyundai A-League away games. The last time they won more was a four-game streak from December 2013 to January 2014.
- The Sky Blues have conceded just 13 fouls per game this season, fewer than any other team in the Hyundai A-League.
- John Aloisi’s troops have scored six goals from free kicks this Hyundai A-League season, twice as many as any other team in the competition.
- Sydney FC marquee man Bobo is just one goal shy of equalling Bruno Fornaroli’s Hyundai A-League record of 23 goals in a ‘regular’ season.
- Roar gloveman Jamie Young has made 71 saves this Hyundai A-League season, the second-most of any player behind the Wanderers’ Vedran Janjetovic (95); Young also has the best save percentage (75%) of any keeper to have played more than two games this season.