Did you know Adelaide United is looking for consecutive Hyundai A-League wins against Melbourne Victory for the first time since February 2013?
Can they get it done in what should be a Saturday night blockbuster between these two fierce interstate rivals at AAMI Park?
Thanks to Opta Data, we’ve got your all-important stats and facts below.
- Victory have won three of their last four Hyundai A-League games against Adelaide at AAMI Park, though they’re yet to keep a clean sheet against them at the venue.
- Kevin Muscat’s side have lost their last two games at AAMI Park, never before have they lost three in succession at the venue in the Hyundai A-League.
- The Reds have won five of their last nine Hyundai A-League games away from home, only twice conceding multiple goals in a game in that span.
- Victory comes into this encounter with the Reds having lost three Hyundai A-League matches on the bounce; they haven’t been on a longer such run since 2015.
- The Reds, however, have only tasted defeat once in their last seven Hyundai A-League outings (W3 D3).
- Reds striker George Blackwood has scored in five of his last eight Hyundai A-League appearances; a run which began against Victory back in December.
- Two of Victory winger Kosta Barbarouses’ last three Hyundai A-League goals have come in the 90th minute.