Your Hyundai A-League stats preview: Reds v Mariners
What better way to recover after a big Christmas feast than with some Hyundai A-League action on Boxing Day.
And there’s a beauty in store at Coopers Stadium with Adelaide United hosting Central Coast Mariners, with the winner to ensure they head into Round 13 in the top six.
Thanks to Opta Data, we’ve got everything you need to know for this fascinating match-up.
- Four of the last eight Boxing Day clashes in the Hyundai A-League have been won by the away team on the day (D2, L2), while both Adelaide United and Central Coast Mariners have won two of their last three games on December 26th.
- The Reds have won nine of their last 13 Hyundai A-League games against the Mariners, including their last two. They were winless in their 12 meetings prior (D3, L9).
- Marco Kurz’s men have neither scored nor conceded more than two goals in any of their last 14 Hyundai A-League games.
- The Mariners have lost eight of their last 10 Hyundai A-League games outside New South Wales (W1, D1), despite not trailing at half-time in any of their last six such fixtures (leading twice, level four times).
- United have made 288 crosses so far this campaign, 71 more than any other team in the Hyundai A-League and 90 more than the Mariners.
- Central Coast have a passing accuracy of 81% away from home, better than any other team in the Hyundai A-League.
- Reds midfielder Vince Lia is on the cusp of his 100th Hyundai A-League loss, and would become just the third player in history to lose as many games in the competition (Andrew Durante 118, Tarek Elrich 101).
- Mariners star Wout Brama has attempted 356 passes in opposition territory this campaign, the second most of any player in the Hyundai A-League (Brillante 397).