Did you know Melbourne City have won each of the last three games against Adelaide United in the Hyundai A-League?
And that includes a 5-0 drubbing of Marco Kurz’s side earlier this season.
For more interesting stats and facts around Friday night’s blockbuster Round 23 clash at Coopers Stadium, check out our Opta Data stats preview below.
- City has kept a clean sheet in each of their last three Hyundai A-League games against Adelaide, scoring eight goals of their own in that time.
- Adelaide has won their last two Hyundai A-League games played on a Friday, and have lost just one of five Friday games since Marco Kurz took over as manager (W3, D1).
- Warren Joyce’s men have lost their last three Hyundai A-League games on the trot; the last time they endured a longer drought was a five-game losing streak from October to November 2013.
- The Reds have registered 321 shots at goal this campaign, the most of any team in the Hyundai A-League; 50 more than City.
- City has made 136 shots at goal in the Hyundai A-League, the second most of any team behind only the Wanderers (184).
- Adelaide youngster Jordan O’Doherty (89%) has the second-best passing accuracy of any player in the Hyundai A-League to have played at least two games this season (City’s Bart Schenkeveld 90%).
- City playmaker Luke Brattan has made 76 tackles this campaign, the joint-most of any player in the Hyundai A-League.