Did you know Sydney FC have won their last four matches against Melbourne City in the Hyundai A-League?
It will be interesting to see if that run continues as the in-form City host the league-leading Sky Blues at AAMI Park on Saturday night.
Opta Data has you covered for all you need to know ahead of the big clash which could have big ramifications on the make-up of the top six come the end of the season.
- While Sydney FC have won each of their last four Hyundai A-League games against Melbourne City, they only won four of the 19 meetings prior (D9, L6) between the two clubs.
- Indeed, the Sky Blues have won four of their last seven Hyundai A-League games against City at AAMI Park (D1, L2), including each of their last two.
- City are undefeated in their last six Hyundai A-League games (W5, D2), the last time they went longer without a loss was a seven-game streak from January to March 2014 (W6, D1).
- Graham Arnold’s troops have won their last three games at AAMI Park; they had picked up just two wins in their previous 14 Hyundai A-League games played at the venue (D7, L5).
- Melbourne City average 14 interceptions per game this Hyundai A-League season, more than any other side and two per game more than last-ranked Sydney FC (12).
- The Sky Blues (9) and City (6) have kept more clean sheets than any other teams in the Hyundai A-League.
- City playmaker Nick Fitzgerald is set to make his 150th Hyundai A-League appearance and his 100th Hyundai A-League start this weekend.
- Sydney FC’s marquee man Bobo has had 35 shots on target this Hyundai A-League campaign, a joint-high with now departed City striker Ross McCormack.