Your Hyundai A-League stats preview: City v Wanderers
Did you know Melbourne City have lost their last two Hyundai A-League games at AAMI Park?
And the last time they lost more in succession was a three-game drought way back in January 2012.
Can they stop the rot and boost their top four hopes by knocking off Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday night?
We’ve got you covered for all the key stats and facts thanks to Opta Data.
- Each of the last 13 Hyundai A-League games between these teams has seen the result alternate, with the Wanderers picking up six wins and four draws in that time.
- Melbourne City have won three of their last five Hyundai A-League games against the Wanderers at AAMI Park (D1, L1).
- The Wanderers haven’t won in Melbourne since November 2015, picking up just three draws from seven Hyundai A-League matches in the city since (L4).
- Warren Joyce’s troops (369) have been fouled more often than any other team this Hyundai A-League campaign.
- Western Sydney have scored 47% of all of their goals this Hyundai A-League season within the opening 30 minutes of game time, the highest proportion of any team.
- Wanderers striker Oriol Riera has scored eight goals in 2018, the second-most of any player in the Hyundai A-League behind Bobo (9).Riera comes into this game having scored in each of his last three appearances on the road with the Wanderers.
Melbourne City v Western Sydney Wanderers
WHEN: Saturday, March 24 - kick-off 7.50pm AEDT
WHERE: AAMI Park, Melbourne
HOW TO WATCH: LIVE on Fox Sports 501 and ONE HD