Your Hyundai A-League stats preview: City v Jets
Did you know Newcastle Jets are just one goal away from equalling their best-ever return for goals scored in a 27-game Hyundai A-League season?
And given their impressive form in the 2017/18 Season, you wouldn’t bet against them breaking the record in the Thursday night blockbuster against Melbourne City at AAMI Park.
Check out all the key stats ahead of the opening game of Round 18, thanks to Opta Data.
- Melbourne City have won six of their last nine games against Newcastle Jets, including their last two. They will be looking for three consecutive wins against the Hunter outfit for the first time in the Hyundai A-League.
- The Jets have won on just one of their last nine Hyundai A-League trips to AAMI Park to face City (D2, L6), scoring more than one goal in a game only twice in that span.
- City have won two of their last three games the round immediately after scoring 5+ goals in an Hyundai A-League game, with each of those two wins seeing them score four or more goals.
- Five of the Jets’ last six games away from home in the Hyundai A-League have been decided by a score of 2-1, with the Jets picking up three wins in that span (D1, L2).
- Warren Joyce’s side’s next win on home soil will be their 50th home victory in the Hyundai A-League, with all but one of those wins coming at AAMI Park (one win at Lavington Sports Ground).
- The Jets have scored 37 goals already this campaign; only once in Hyundai A-League history have they scored more in a single season (38 goals from 27 games in 2011/12).
- City winger Nick Fitzgerald is set to make his 100th career start in the Hyundai A-League.
- In-form Melbourne City striker Ross McCormack has scored seven goals already in 2018 in the Hyundai A-League; three more than any other player this month.