Your Hyundai A-League preview: Jets v Glory
Did you know Perth Glory is unbeaten in their last nine Hyundai A-League visits to McDonald Jones Stadium?
Kenny Lowe’s side has won five of those matches, which is a good sign ahead of what is a must-win match (Friday 7:50pm AEST on Fox Sports 501) for Glory to keep their Finals Series hopes alive.
But the Jets are in desperate need of a win themselves, having lost back-to-back games and conceding eight goals in the process.
They’ll want to get some momentum back ahead of hosting a Grand Final qualifier in the Hunter at the end of the month.
For more key stats and facts for this match, check out our stats preview below thanks to Opta Data.
- Newcastle Jets have scored exactly two goals in each of their last five Hyundai A-League games against Perth Glory, picking up two wins and two draws in that span (L1).
- The Jets are undefeated in the last three Hyundai A-League seasons when playing at home on a Friday (W5, D1), keeping four clean sheets in the process.
- Glory are winless in their last six Hyundai A-League games on the road (D1, L5), conceding 17 goals across this run.
- No team has had more shots on target this Hyundai A-League season than Newcastle Jets (142), while only the Mariners (84) have made fewer than the Glory (96).
- Lowe’s troops are just two shy of their 200th goal scored away from home - they would become just the fifth team in Hyundai A-League history to reach the milestone.
- Jets attacker Dimitri Petratos has made 46 shots at goal (inc. blocks) from outside the box this Hyundai A-League season, 10 more than any other player.
- Glory striker Adam Taggart has scored four goals in his five previous Hyundai A-League games against his former club, though has picked up just one win against them in that time (D2, L2).