Melbourne Victory will have to overturn a horror recent record against Sydney FC if they are to win Friday night’s Big Blue at Allianz Stadium.
Kevin Muscat’s troops have lost their last six Hyundai A-League games in a row against the Sky Blues, including last season’s grand final.
It’s an astonishing run of outs for Victory, especially considering they didn’t lose any of the previous nine before this current run.
Now would be the perfect time for Victory to turn the tide, especially with the possibility the two sides could well meet again in the Finals Series later this month.
Ahead of the Round 27 blockbuster, Opta Data has you covered with all the key stats and facts below.
- Sydney FC have won their last three Hyundai A-League home games against Victory, twice coming back from a 0-1 half-time deficit in that time.
- The Sky Blues are undefeated in their last 10 Friday games on home soil (W8 D2 L0) in the Hyundai A-League, keeping eight clean sheets in that period. Their last loss in such a fixture came in March 2015 against Melbourne City.
- Melbourne Victory has lost their last two Hyundai A-League games outside Victoria, failing to score a goal in that period. The last time they went on a longer losing run outside their home state was a three-game streak in December 2015.
- Graham Arnold’s troops (63 goals) need just three more goals to equal the record for the most goals by a team in a single Hyundai A-League season (incl. playoffs) (Melbourne City - 66 goals in 2015/16).
- Sydney FC has converted 18.2% of their shots in to goals this season in the Hyundai A-League; the best ratio of all sides, while Victory has the third highest shot conversion rate (13.3%).
- Victory striker Besart Berisha has scored just one goal in his last seven Hyundai A-League games away from home. In comparison, his last seven home appearances in the competition have seen him net six goals.
- Sky Blues star Adrian Mierzejewski has a shot conversion rate of 26.5% this Hyundai A-League campaign, the best of any player to have attempted at least 20 shots.