Did you know Wellington Phoenix have scored the most headed goals (10) and Western Sydney have conceded the fewest headed goals (3) in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season?
Check out these other top stats ahead of their meeting at Spotless Stadium on Saturday night.
- The Wanderers are undefeated in their last six games against the Phoenix (W4, D2), the longest unbeaten run by either side in the history of this fixture.
- Western Sydney have won four of their last five home games against Wellington, including a 3-1 win in their only previous clash at Spotless Stadium.
- Eight of the previous 12 games at Spotless Stadium have been draws, while the Wanderers are undefeated in their last seven games at the venue (W3, D4).
- Michael McGlinchey has a cross success rate of 37% this campaign, the best of any player to have attempted at least 50 crosses.
- Wellington have failed to score in four of their last five matches, but they’ve won each of their last two games in which they’ve scored.
- Wellington Phoenix and Western Sydney Wanderers have each hit the woodwork nine times this season, the equal most of any team in the competition (level with Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United).
- Wanderers midfielder Kearyn Baccus has a passing accuracy of 84% in opposition territory this season, the best of any player to have attempted at least 250 passes in the opposition half.