Did you know that Hyundai A-League stalwart Alex Wilkinson has made more clearances this season than any other player?
Wilko has cleared the ball out of Sydney FC’s defensive third an impressive 59 times.
Check out these other Opta stats around defensive clearances.
- Perth Glory have averaged more clearances this season than any other Hyundai A-League side, with 31 per game, eight more than the average across all ten teams.
- At the other end of the scale, Melbourne City and Adelaide United average just 18 clearances per match.
- Western Sydney Wanderers - with 54% - have made the highest proportion of clearances with headers.
- Boogaard though is the most prolific when it comes to headed clearances, effecting 31 of those.
- Mariners defender Jake McGing has the highest percentage of headed clearances among players who have made at least ten clearances, with 12 of his 14 (86%) coming in that fashion.
- Wilkinson is a clear leader in individual clearances with his 59 putting him well clear of Jets pair Nigel Boogaard and Nikolai Topor-Stanley with 49 apiece.