Brisbane Roar feature in the top three of most goals scored in a Hyundai A-League game. With Roar heading to Wanderers on Friday night, we recall the most sensational scoring sprees in the league's history.
10. Melbourne Victory 6-2 Perth Glory (Round 23, 2009/10 Season): Glory had no answer to a first-half onslaught from Victory at Etihad. Robbie Kruse scored a first-half hat-trick, with Archie Thompson, Kevin Muscat and Carlos Hernandez also getting on the scoresheet.
9. Brisbane Roar 7-1 Adelaide United (Round 4, 2011/12 Season): This was the day little-known Roar recruit Besart Berisha announced himself to the Hyundai A-League. In just his fourth game for the club, Berisha finished with four goals, including a first-half hat-trick in the space of six minutes.
8. Sydney FC 7-1 Wellington Phoenix (Round 17, 2012/13 Season ): Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero produced a masterclass to mesmerise the Phoenix defence. ADP scored the first four-goal haul of his career on a record-breaking day for the Sky Blues.
7. Central Coast Mariners 6-2 Melbourne Victory (Round 22, 2012/13 Season ): The Mariners produced six of the best against Ange Postecoglou’s Victory as a second-half hat-trick from Michael McGlinchey saw them make a huge statement on the way to winning the title in 2013.
6. Central Coast Mariners 4-5 Sydney FC (Round 15, 2007/08 Season ): One of the original Hyundai A-League classics which had a bit of everything. A stunning fightback, nine goals, two red cards, controversy and a last-minute winner from the spot from Ufuk Talay as the Sky Blues stole all three points at the death. And even co-commentary from an excited Ange Postecoglou!
5. Adelaide United 8-1 North Queensland Fury (Round 24, 2010/11 Season ): Fury copped a hiding at Hindmarsh with striker Sergio van Dijk and Argentinian ace Marcos Flores both scoring trebles in what is still the biggest winning margin in Hyundai A-League history.
4. Central Coast Mariners 7-2 Sydney FC (Round 5, 2012/13 Season ): The Sky Blues took an early lead before the home side ran riot. Daniel McBreen scored a hat-trick and Tommy Rogic finished with a brace as the Mariners recorded the club’s biggest-ever win.
3. Sydney FC 5-4 Brisbane Roar (Round 21, 2014/15 Season ): It was Marc Janko’s day on a wet and wild Sunday afternoon in Sydney, as the Sky Blues held off a fast-finishing Roar. Janko scored a hat-trick and also set a then-Hyundai A-League record of scoring in seven straight matches.
2. Perth Glory 6-3 Brisbane Roar (Round 20, 2015/16 Season ): There were seven goals in a crazy first half. Glory trailed 3-2 at one point before scoring four times either side of the break to thump a shell-shocked Brisbane. Absolute mayhem.
1. Western Sydney Wanderers 5-4 Brisbane Roar (Hyundai A-League 2016 Finals Series): At 3-0 down the Wanderers’ season looked over but – with Romeo Castelen smashing a hat-trick - they produced the greatest comeback in Hyundai A-League history to win in extra-time and book their grand final spot on an incredible night at Wanderland.