Wellington v Newcastle Jets key stats: Phoenix pay for profligacy
Wellington Phoenix's wayward finishing cost them in Auckland as Newcastle Jets secured a smash-and-grab 1-0 win on Saturday.
The hosts carved out regular scoring opportunities, but the post-game statistics illustrate just how wasteful they were in front of goal.
Catch up with the key data and facts from QBE Stadium.
- Wellington were held scoreless despite having more than double the number of Newcastle's total shots (23 to 10).
- Of their combined 16 shots, Nathan Burns, Sarpreet Singh and Roy Krishna managed only four on target between them.
- Singh played four key passes, more than any other player.
- Jason Hoffman scored his fifth goal of the campaign - three more than his previous best return.
- The Jets are unbeaten in the nine games in which they have led at half-time this season.
- Daniel Georgevski attempted a game-high 71 passes - one more than Dimitri Petratos.