Wellington Phoenix v Western Sydney Wanderers: stats preview
Did you know that Wanderers striker Brendon Santalab has scored seven goals in his last four games against the Phoenix?
And that impressive stat features braces in three of those games.
To find out more interesting stats and facts ahead of Saturday’s match at Westpac Stadium, check out our Opta Data stats preview.
- Western Sydney Wanderers have lost just one of their last seven Hyundai A-League games against Wellington Phoenix (W5, D1), scoring two or more goals on each occasion.
- There have been just four goals scored in the last four Hyundai A-League meetings between these teams at Westpac Stadium (2-2), with five clean sheets kept in that span.
- After a 2-1 win against Melbourne Victory last round, Wellington will be looking for back-to-back Hyundai A-League wins at home for the first time since January 2017.
- The Wanderers have won two of their last three Hyundai A-League games away from home and will now be looking for back-to-back road wins for the first time since winning three on the bounce in November 2015.
- The Phoenix have won 55% of all aerial contests this season, the highest rate of any team in the Hyundai A-League.
- Josep Gombau’s side have scored just one goal after the opening hour of play this Hyundai A-League season, no other team has scored fewer than five goals in that period.
- Only Melbourne Victory’s Leroy George (7) has assisted more goals than Phoenix’s Roy Krishna (5) so far this Hyundai A-League season.