It’s bottom v top in the Hyundai A-League on Saturday as strugglers Wellington Phoenix host champions Sydney FC at Westpac Stadium.
It was a five-goal thriller when these two met earlier in the campaign and another entertaining encounter looms in this one.
Here’s all you need to know, thanks to Opta Data.
- Sydney FC have lost just one of their last nine Hyundai A-League games against Wellington (W5, D3), including three wins in their last four encounters (D1).
- In fact, the last time Wellington hosted Sydney FC at Westpac Stadium and won in the Hyundai A-League was in December 2013 (D2, L3 since).
- There have been 23 goals scored in the last four Hyundai A-League games at Westpac Stadium, however Phoenix have picked up just four competition points in that span (W1, D1, L2).
- The Sky Blues have kept four clean sheets in their last five games away from home in the Hyundai A-League, winning each of those four fixtures.
- Wellington Phoenix have scored 2.4 goals per game on home turf this Hyundai A-League season; only Sydney FC (2.5) have scored more.
- The Sky Blues have a shooting accuracy of 55% this Hyundai A-League campaign, four percentage points better than any other squad.
- Phoenix midfielder Goran Paracki has been fouled 29 times so far this Hyundai A-League season, the second most of any player behind Leroy George (30).
- Sydney FC star Adrian Mierzejewski has a shooting accuracy of 89% this Hyundai A-League season, the best of any player to have attempted at least five shots on goal (excl. blocked shots).