Did you know that caretaker Wellington Phoenix boss Chris Greenacre has won just three of 11 games in charge of the Kiwi club in the Hyundai A-League?
And he hasn’t tasted victory in any of the last five matches at the helm.
Will he be able to snap their worrying trend when Phoenix host the High-flying Newcastle Jets in Auckland on Saturday?
For more interesting stats and facts around the game, check out our Opta Data preview.
- Wellington Phoenix have won three of their last five Hyundai A-League games against the Newcastle Jets, losing only once in that span (D1).
- This will be the third Hyundai A-League game played at QBE Stadium, with Wellington currently undefeated at the venue after picking up a 2-0 win against Melbourne Victory in 2015 and a 3-3 draw against Perth Glory in 2017.
- Jets boss Ernie Merrick has just two wins in his last eight games against Wellington in the Hyundai A-League (D4, L2).
- Phoenix have won 54% of their aerial duels contested this Hyundai A-League season, the best success rate of any team.
- The Jets have blasted 36 shots on target from outside the box this Hyundai A-League campaign, more than any other team.
- Phoenix’s Serbian striker Andrija Kaluderovic has contested 171 aerial duels this Hyundai A-League season, the second-most of any player, winning 78 of them.
- Jets playmaker Dimitri Petratos (3) is the only player this campaign to have created three or more scoring chances per game this Hyundai A-League season.