Did you know that none of the last 20 matches between Melbourne Victory and Wellington Phoenix has ended in a draw?
Ahead of the two sides meeting in the Hyundai A-League on Wednesday night, check out some key stats courtesy of Opta Data.
- Melbourne Victory have won six of their last eight Hyundai A-League games against Wellington at Westpac Stadium, with a total of 34 goals being scored across that period.
- There have been 28 goals scored across the Phoenix’s last five Hyundai A-League games at Westpac Stadium, though they’ve been outscored 16-12 and picked up just one win (D1, L3) in that span.
- Victory have won their last three Hyundai A-League games away from home; they have scored progressively fewer goals in each of those outings however (3 v Phoenix on December 3rd, 2 v Roar on December 17th and most recently, one versus Melbourne City).
- Phoenix’s passing accuracy in opposition territory (62%) is 11 percentage points lower than their overall passing accuracy (73%), the largest disparity of any team in the Hyundai A-League.
- Kevin Muscat’s troops have scored in 13 successive matches in the Hyundai A-League; last failing to do so in the opening match of this season (v Sydney FC).
- Phoenix striker Andrija Kaluderovic has won 55 aerial duels this Hyundai A-League campaign, the joint-most of any player.
- Victory playmaker James Troisi has made 460 passes in opposition territory this Hyundai A-League season, the second-most of any player and 156 more than Phoenix leader Goran Paracki (304).