It’s a NSW Derby at Spotless Stadium to kick-off ‘Super Saturday’ with Western Sydney Wanderers doing battle with Central Coast Mariners.
Both sides like to attack which should make for a thrilling contest and Opta Data has got all the important stats to dig your teeth into.
• Central Coast Mariners picked up a 2-0 victory when these teams last met in the Hyundai A-League, snapping a five-game winless run against Western Sydney Wanderers (D1, L4).
• The Wanderers are undefeated in their last eight Hyundai A-League regular season games (W4, D4), the last time they went longer without a loss was a 10-game stretch in 2015/16 (W8, D2).
• The Wanderers, who require just three more goals to get to 200 in the Hyundai A-League, have won their last three games at Spotless Stadium after going winless in their first six games at the venue (D5, L1).
• Mariners defender Josh Rose is poised to make his 200th Hyundai A-League starting appearance, becoming just the ninth outfield player to do so.
• Wanderers super-sub Brendon Santalab is set to play his 100th Hyundai A-League game, and has scored six goals in his last six games against the Mariners.
• Both the Wanderers (4.1%) and Mariners (3.9%) made a higher percentage of their total touches in the opposition box in Round 1, more than any other teams in the Hyundai A-League.