Marco Rojas has been a revelation on his return to Melbourne Victory, but did you know he has been involved in more goals per home game this season than any other Hyundai A-League player?
The “Kiwi Messi” has scored 10 goals and provided eight assists in 11 home matches, for an average of 1.6 goals per home game.
No-one else manages more than one per home game.
Check out these other Opta stats as Rojas welcomes his former side Wellington Phoenix to AAMI Park on Sunday.
- Melbourne Victory have lost just one of 15 home games against the Phoenix, scoring 27 times in their last nine meetings at an average of three goals per game.
- Wellington’s 3-0 win when these two last met in January means they’re now hunting back-to-back wins against the Victory for the first time in their history.
- Melbourne Victory are undefeated in their last eight Sunday games (W6, D2), their longest streak in A-League history, and they’ve kept five clean sheets across those eight matches.
- Wellington Phoenix have won just one of their last eight away games (D2, L5) and have conceded multiple goals in all but one of those games.
- Melbourne Victory have scored 12 goals in the final quarter of fixtures so far this season, more than any other team in the competition and seven more than the Phoenix.
- Wellington Phoenix make a higher percentage of their passes in opposition territory (62%) than any other team in the competition.
- Roly Bonevacia has scored three goals in his last four games against Melbourne Victory, but they have all come in New Zealand.