Did you know Melbourne Victory are undefeated in their last 14 Hyundai A-League games against Central Coast Mariners?
And Victory boss Kevin Muscat has never lost against the Gosford club as Victory boss.
It all points to a tough clash for the visitors when they head to AAMI Park on Sunday for the final match of Round 23.
Thanks to Opta Data, we’ve got all the key stats ahead of the match.
- The last time the Mariners picked up a win against the Victory in Melbourne was in November 2009; they’ve earned just four draws from 11 Hyundai A-League games in Melbourne since.
- Victory have won 12 of their last 15 Hyundai A-League games at AAMI Park, failing to score only once in that span.
- Paul Okon’s men are winless in their last seven games away from home (D3, L4) in the Hyundai A-League. The last time they went longer without a road win was an eight-game drought from February to October 2016.
- Victory have scored at least once in 20 of their last 21 Hyundai A-League matches; they’ve scored five across their last two outings.
- Both these sides have each conceded just three goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this Hyundai A-League season, fewer than any other teams in the competition.
- Victory star Besart Berisha has scored eight goals in his last seven Hyundai A-League games against the Mariners, finding the back of the net at least once in each of his last three games against them.
- Mariners defender Antony Golec (975) is just 25 completed passes shy of his 1,000th for the season; only three other players have managed more passes this Hyundai A-League term.