Victory v Adelaide: key stats as Reds stun rivals
Adelaide United overcame two late red cards and the concession of a first half penalty to fully earn a rare away victory over bitter rivals Melbourne Victory.
Catch up with the key facts and stats from the Reds' pulsating 2-1 win at Etihad Stadium.
- This was Adelaide's first win at the Etihad since 2006, when they won 1-0. Greg Owens scored the winner back then.
- George Blackwood scored 3 minutes 23 seconds after coming on to the pitch, the fourth fastest goal by a substitute this season.
- There have now been 14 red cards in the history of this fixture in Hyundai A-League, the most between any two teams.
- This was only the fourth time in the competition's history that a side has received two red cards and still won the match.
- Victory's goal was their sixth in the 15 minutes after half-time, more than any other side. Those six represent 46% of their total goals.
- Paul Izzo made his second penalty save of the season, Lawrence Thomas the only other keeper to save one in 2017/18.