In a contest that sprung to life spectacularly in the second half, Wellington Phoenix and Brisbane Roar played out a thrilling 2-2 draw in the Kiwi capital on Sunday.
STORY OF THE GAME
- BRIGHT START Both sides showing good attacking intent in the opening 20 mins.
- GOAL-SAVING BLOCK Franjic with the vital block for Roar
- GOOD SAVE Jamie Young getting down low to keep out Phoenix
- MONTY SUBBED OFF Patterson goes down; Phoenix bring on Adam Parkhouse after 39 mins
- HALF TIME 0-0 Plenty of attacking intent and it's been good to watch, but both sides lacking accuracy in front of goal.
- GOAL! Holman with a peach. Roar registering the opening goal on 50 mins.
- GOAL! Two mins later and Kaluderovic slides home the equaliser to end his own goal drought. 1-1 game on.
- GOAL! Logan Rogerson with his debut goal and Phoenix lead on 64 mins. 2-1.
- GOAL! Kristensen makes it 2-2! What a second half this has been! Four goals in 23 mins.
- PENALTY SHOUT FOR PHOENIX Kaluderovic bundled over; no pen says the referee.
- BURNS HITS BAR! Nathan Burns with a cracking drive that cannons off the bar as Phoenix push for a winner.
Holman Roar 50', 0-1
A peach of a volley as Holman guides a cross past Sail with the inside of his right foot. No need for power, all about placement as Roar take the lead.
Kaluderovic Phoenix 52', 1-1
Ljujic with a superb ball through splitting Roar's defence and the Serbian striker ran through and slipped it low past Young.
Rogerson Phoenix 64', 2-1
Burns was able to get past a defender and then hang up a cross to the backpost and young Rogerson was there to meet it and put it into the back of the net
Kristensen Roar 68', 2-2
A corner has paid off for the Roar this time as a good delivery finds Maccarone who hits his header at Parkhouse but the rebound goes out to Kristensen who can't miss from close range.