Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers: key stats and facts from Sydney Derby
An epic Sydney Derby ended all even at 2-2. But how did Sydney FC and Wanderers match up in the key stats from the game?
- The season’s first Sydney Derby was the third of the last five Derbies that has ended in a draw, though it was the first time both sides had posted multiple goals yet still finished in a stalemate.
- The Sky Blues undefeated streak may have stretched to 11 games (W9, D2), however the draw marked the first time since April 2016 that they conceded multiple goals in consecutive games.
- This was the Wanderers ninth successive away game within New South Wales where they picked up competition points (W6, D3), after they failed to win their seven such fixtures prior.
- The Wanderers launched just 10 crosses at Sydney on the night; only once in the history of the Derby have they made fewer against the Sky Blues (5 in October 2014).
- Bobo became the first Sydney FC player to both score a penalty goal and provide an assist in a single game since Marc Janko did so against Brisbane Roar in March 2015.