Want to know key stats behind the Sydney derby? Opta Data has them ahead of Saturday night’s massive derby at Allianz Stadium between the sky blues and red and black.
• Western Sydney Wanderers FC have lost just one of their last five Hyundai A-League derbies against Sydney FC (W3 D1 L1), but this came in their last meeting (March, 2014).
• Sydney FC have scored in 11 successive Hyundai A-League games, but they’ve also conceded in 10 of these matches.
• Wanderers have lost two Hyundai A-League games in a row (including finals) – they never lost three in a row in their A-League history.
• Their opening match loss to Melbourne Victory (1-4) was their heaviest ever defeat in the Hyundai A-League.
• Sydney FC have scored only one first half goal in their previous six Hyundai A-League games against Western Sydney Wanderers.
• Mark Bridge completed all 16 of his passes in WSW’s opening weekend defeat to Melbourne Victory – the most passes by a player to achieve a 100% passing accuracy on MD1.
• 13 of Sydney FC’s last 18 regular season Hyundai A-League goals (72%) have come in the second half of matches.
• 13 of Western Sydney Wanderers’ 16 goals scored in their last 12 Hyundai A-League games have come from open play (81%).