Sydney FC and Melbourne City have taken more shots at goal this season than any of the other Hyundai A-League sides – did you know that?
They’ve both fired 337 efforts towards goal and meet in a Round 25 blockbuster.
Check out these other Opta stats ahead of Saturday night’s clash at Allianz Stadium…
· Sydney FC won their last game against Melbourne City, snapping a five-game winless streak against them (D3, L2); they’ll now be looking for consecutive victories against City for the first time since 2013.
· Melbourne City are undefeated (W1, D3) in their last four away games against Sydney FC, but neither team has managed to score more than a single goal in any one of those four games.
· Sydney FC have kept eight clean sheets in their last 12 home games, and the last time they conceded more than a single goal in a home game was in Round 26 last season.
· The only previous encounter between Graham Arnold and Michael Valkanis as A-League coaches ended with a 3-1 victory to the Sky Blues in late February.
· Melbourne City have scored seven goals from headers so far this season, more than any other team in the competition.
· No player has contested more duels this season than Sky Blues striker Bobo (338), although City skipper Bruno Fornaroli (335) is a close second.
· Fornaroli has scored four goals in his last four games against the Sky Blues, but he hasn’t found the net in either of their last two meetings.