It’s been a phenomenal campaign so far for the Sky Blues, shattering a stack of records to sit nine points clear at the top of the ladder heading into the final third of the regular season.
With the help of Opta, we look at some of the key numbers behind the success of Graham Arnold’s side and their record against Phoenix, who they play tomorrow night (Thurs) to kick off Round 19.
- 1 – The amount of games Sydney FC has lost against Wellington in their last six meetings in the Hyundai A-League. Although they have lost two of their last three against Phoenix at Allianz Stadium.
- 3 – The number of games Sydney FC has won when conceding the first goal in a match this season (out of four). Wellington has won none when doing so (10 times).
- 74.6% - Sydney FC’s passing accuracy. Despite the Sky Blues being way out in front of the competition, they possess the worst passing accuracy of any side.
- 167 – The amount of shots opposition sides have had at Sydney FC’s goal, with 60 on target. No side in the Hyundai A-League has faced fewer shots at their goal than the Sky Blues.
- 2 – Goals they have conceded from set pieces this season, the least of any side in the competition.
- 16 – The amount of goals Milos Ninkovic has been directly involved in, scoring seven and assisting nine. Only Victory duo Marco Rojas (19) and Besart Berisha (17) have more.
- 48% - Sydney FC’s shooting accuracy, with 104 of their 213 shots at goal on target. It’s the fourth most accurate in the Hyundai A-League.
- 17.8% - The Sky Blues’ shot conversion rate, which is the second best of any side in the competition, with only Melbourne Victory doing better (22.8%).
- 8 – The number of goals they have scored from set pieces in the 2016/17 Season. That’s 21.1% of their tally (38) which is ninth in the league. They are yet to concede a goal from a set piece either.
- 3 – The amount of fouls conceded by attacker Bernie Ibini. It’s the least of any outfield player to have made at least 10 appearances.
- 20 – The number of goals the Sky Blues have scored in the last 30 minutes of matches this season, more than any other side and underlining their exceptional fitness.
- 0 – The Sky Blues are the only team not to concede a solitary goal in the first 15 minutes of either half this season.
- 42 – The amount of headed attempts at goal Sydney has recorded in the opening 18 rounds, more than any other side. Three of those have led to goals, with two from Filip Holosko.
- 47% - Sydney FC’s average possession in their matches this season.
- 21.6 – The number of interceptions Sydney FC players make per game, more than any other side in the Hyundai A-League.