Sydney Derby: Your Hyundai A-League stats preview
Throw the formbook out the window as Sydney’s two fierce rivals go head-to-head in a blockbuster Derby at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.
Champions Sydney FC might be flying high at the top of the Hyundai A-League ladder but Western Sydney Wanderers will be pumped for this clash and will be quick to remind the Sky Blues what happened the last time these two played at this venue (Wanderers won 1-0.)
Can Josep Gombau land his first win as Wanderers boss or will the Sky Blues pull further away on the table from their Sydney foes.
Here's all the key info and statistics you need to know ahead of what should be a pulsating clash.
- This will be the third Sydney Derby at ANZ Stadium, with the spoils split at one win apiece. Each team has kept one clean sheet in that span.
- Western Sydney Wanderers are undefeated in the last three Sydney Derbies (W1, D2) in the Hyundai A-League, keeping two clean sheets in the process.
- Sydney FC are Sydney FC are winless in their last two matches at ANZ Stadium in the Hyundai A-League (D1, L1), after having won each of their three prior games at the venue.
- The Wanderers have gone seven games without a win (D5, L2) in the Hyundai A-League. The last and only time they went longer without a victory was a 14-game drought across 2014 and 2015 (D4, L10).
- Josep Gombau’s side have conceded just one goal in the opening half hour of games this Hyundai A-League season, fewer than any other team. They are also the only team yet to concede in the opening 15 minutes of a game.
- Sky Blues’ pair Joshua Brillante and Brandon O’Neill have each attempted 31 tackles this Hyundai A-League season, more than any other players.
- Wanderers midfielder Kearyn Baccus has made 80+ passes in a game on three occasions this Hyundai A-League season. No other player has done so more than twice.
- Only one side (Adelaide United) has a lower shot conversion rate than Western Sydney Wanderers this Hyundai A-League season (9.7%); Sydney have converted 13% of their efforts.