Super Sydney sweep aside struggling Brisbane Roar

Sydney FC consigned Brisbane Roar to a fourth successive home defeat with a highly-professional 3-0 win at Suncorp Stadium on Monday night.

Unbeaten in their previous four meetings with John Aloisi's men, the Sky Blues extended their recent dominance as Bobo and Adrian Mierzejewski continued their scoring form either side of half-time.

Substitute David Carney put the result beyond doubt late in proceedings to sew up back-to-back victories over Brisbane for the first time since 2005, in the process extending the champions' lead at the top to 11 points.


  • After finishing wide with an earlier opportunity, there was no chance of Bobo repeating the error as he converted the opener at point-blank range inside 20 minutes.
  • Alex Brosque then headed narrowly wide from a free-kick as Sydney looked to extend their advantage.
  • They had Andrew Redmayne to thank for preserving the lead to half-time as he got down well to his right to keep out Massimo Maccarone's effort.
  • The margin was doubled within five minutes of the restart, Mierzejewski finishing coolly from the edge of the area.
  • The Polish playmaker was denied a second by the VAR when Brosque was shown to be offside in the lead-up, before Jamie Young nicked another chance off his foot outside the area.
  • Josh Brillante also blazed wide from a good area, but the visitors would not be denied a third as Carney came off the bench to cap the routine victory.
Adrian Mierzejewski
Adrian Mierzejewski scored his sixth goal in six matches.


Bobo, Sydney FC 18': 0-1

Picked out inside the left edge of the area by Mierzejewski, Milos Ninkovic expertly drilled a low pass across the face for Bobo to tap home.

Mierzejewski, Sydney FC 50': 0-2

Under little pressure just outside the area, Mierzejewski made the home side pay by guiding a classy finish inside the bottom left corner.

Carney, Sydney FC 86': 0-3

Brillante escaped unchecked into the area and squared unselfishly for Brosque. Young did well to block the close-range finish, but Carney arrived to eventually poke in amid a goalmouth scramble.