Rising stars Connor Metcalfe and Moudi Najjar have both been upgraded to Melbourne City’s Hyundai A-League squad, the club confirmed on Wednesday.
The young duo have inked deals with City that will keep them at the club until the end of the 2021/22 Season.
Metcalfe, 19, joined City’s NPL program in 2014 and has steadily worked his way through the ranks, eventually signing a Hyundai A-League scholarship contract in 2017.
The midfielder made his senior debut during the 2018/18 Season and has started both of the club’s matches in this year’s FFA Cup, impressing coach Erick Mombaerts.
“It’s been an exciting time for me in my career and I am thrilled to continue my time at City for the next two seasons,” Metcalfe told the club’s official website.
“I’d like to thank the club for their faith in me and will continue to push myself every day.”
Najjar, a speedy striker, joined City in 2018 from Western Sydney Wanderers and made his debut in the Hyundai A-League last season.
“My time at City has been amazing so far and to be a fully-fledged senior player with the squad is something that drives me to be better,” the 19-year-old said.
“I’ll continue to show the coaches and staff the hard work and determination that has been a part of my game from day one.”
SIGNING NEWS: All of Melbourne City's Ins and Outs for the 2019/20 Season
SEASON DRAW: Melbourne City's Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season Draw