Sidnei set to get new deal for Glory

Brazilian winger Sidnei is set to be offered a two-year contract extension by Perth Glory after his starring role in their 4-2 win over Wellington Phoenix.

Sidnei scored two goals, including a stunning opener from outside the penalty area, and set up another as Glory claimed the three points at nib Stadium on Friday night.

The 27-year-old has been a consistent performer for Glory this season and has entertained crowds across the country with his fancy footwork and explosive speed.

Glory coach Alistair Edwards confirmed after the win that the club was in talks with Sidnei about extending his stay in Perth.

Sidnei's wife recently gave birth to the couple's first child and it is understood he wants to raise his young family in Australia.

The former Alki Larnaca forward approached Glory via a third party during the pre-season and paid for his way to trial for Edwards in Perth.

"I've never signed anyone from a YouTube video, or any video, so we brought him over and you could tell straight away he was quite good," Edwards said.

"He fits in extremely well and he's already one of those players in the A-League we love. We love the foreign players coming in and their quality.

"I know we always talk about the Del Pieros and the Heskeys and the Onos, but I think we can almost add Sidnei close by in that (category). I know he doesn't have the pedigree of the other three, but his performances have been fantastic."

Glory fielded just three players in their starting side aged over 21 on Friday night after the club was decimated by injury, suspension and the shock departure of utility Steve Pantelidis to Malaysian club Selangor FC.

It opened the door for teenagers Daniel De Silva and Riley Woodcock to make their starting debuts, while the likes of Jack Clisby, Matthew Davies, Jamie Maclaren and Ryan and Cameron Edwards were asked to play crucial roles.

Glory's first 30 minutes, which included Sidnei's opener, was impressive but the young bodies tired and their intensity dropped off dramatically after the frenetic start and Wellington forced their way back into the match.

Sixteen-year-old sensation De Silva had to be subbed off at half-time due to exhaustion.

"He was really good, particularly in the first half an hour, but he was one of the guys who tapered off a bit late in the first half," Edwards said.

"I asked him how he felt (at half-time) and you could see that he was exhausted. Part of his development is about learning to pace yourself during the game.

"He's still a 16-year-old getting used to the intensity of A-League football and to start a game and play so well for that period is fantastic, but he was exhausted and it wouldn't have been a good thing to put him back on."

Glory will regain captain Jacob Burns from a two-game suspension for this Friday's away clash against Melbourne Victory and remain hopeful marquee defender William Gallas will also be available.

Edwards said the veteran duo were likely to line up for Glory in some capacity in a friendly against travelling Malaysian Premier League side Felda United at Dorrien Gardens on Thursday.