Brisbane Roar’s passing game has long been the envy of other Hyundai A-League clubs, and did you know they have played nearly 500 more passes than any other team this season?
Brisbane’s players have passed the ball 10,966 times in 2016/17, with midfield talisman Matty McKay playing more passes than any other player (1383), nearly 400 more than Victory’s best, Carl Valeri (992).
For this and more Opta stats ahead of Brisbane Roar versus Melbourne Victory at Suncorp Stadium tonight, check these out.
1. Victory have converted 22.3% of their shots (excluding blocked shots) into goals, the most of any team and nine percentage points better than Brisbane.
2. Brisbane have lost just one of their last five games against Melbourne Victory, winning two and drawing two, scoring 10 goals to Victory’s 5.
3. Roar have won just one of their last four games at home and will now be looking to avoid consecutive home defeats for the first time since a brace of losses to Melbourne Victory in April 2015.
4. Victory’s defence has been miserly on their travels, conceding just two first-half goals in their last 13 away games.
5. Marco Rojas is on All Whites duty this week, but he has been on target with 75% of his shots at goal so far this season, the highest rate of any player to have attempted more than 10 shots.
6. Victory have been second in the league each week since Dec 17, after winning the Christmas Melbourne Derby.
7. Victory skipper Valeri's passing accuracy is 80.7%. He makes on average 47.2 passes per game.