Roar v Mariners: stats preview
These two sides might not have a win to their names yet but after encouraging draws last weekend, their first three points isn’t far away.
Will it be this weekend for either the Roar or Mariners?
Opta Data’s key match stats might help you pick a winner for the Sunday arvo clash at Suncorp Stadium.
- Brisbane Roar have won their last eight games against the Mariners, it is their longest winning streak against any single club in Hyundai A-League history. Roar have also scored 17 goals in their last four games against the Mariners at Suncorp Stadium.
- The Mariners haven’t won outside of New South Wales in the Hyundai A-League since a 2-1 win against Adelaide in November 2016.
- Roar haven’t picked up a regular-time win in any of their last six Hyundai A-League games (Shootout Win 1, D1, L4), the only previous time they’ve gone longer without a win in 90 minutes was a seven-game drought in 2008 (D4, L3).
- Paul Okon’s men (2,061) have attempted more passes than any other team this Hyundai A-League season and also boast the best passing accuracy (80%) of any squad.
- Brisbane have conceded three goals from outside the penalty are this season; a Hyundai A-League-high number.
- Mariners defender Anthony Golec (87%) has the best passing accuracy of any player to have made at least 200 passes this Hyundai A-League campaign. He is also one of only four players to have made 10+ interceptions and 10+ tackles.