Roar and Mariners' battling draw in Brisbane
Brisbane Roar and Central Coast Mariners remain winless after battling to this season's first 0-0 at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday with both keepers starring for their respective sides.
STORY OF THE GAME
- On a humid day in Brisbane, the pitch, thankfully, was largely bathed in shade as both sides began with a high tempo.
- Roar should've been a goal to the good on 20 mins. Maccarone dinking the ball just wide of the goal.
- The Mariners' best chance of the first 45 fell to Jake McGing whose header was scrambled away by the Roar defence.
- 0-0 at the break.
- Both keepers kept their sides in it just after the break: Young pushed De Silva's 1v1 away after he was gifted a golden chance to open the scoring, and minutes later Ben Kennedy with a sure stop kept Roar at bay.
- Young again in fine form to deny De Silva, who had another golden chance to find the decisive goal.
- The Mariners were on top late in the game with livewire sub Kwabena Appiah causing mayhem, but the excellent Young and his Roar defence denied the visitors.
- Ben Kennedy denied a stoppage time winner with an excellent stop from Jade North.
- Jamie Young in Roar's goal was outstanding.