Spanish Marquee striker Oriol Riera has capped his maiden Hyundai A-League season by taking out the Player of the Year at the Wanderers Medal in Bicentennial Park on Tuesday night.
In what was a record-breaking campaign for the classy number nine, Riera finished up with three individual awards on a glitzy night at Waterview.
Riera finished with a club record 19 goals across all competitions, the most in a single season by a Wanderer.
As well as being named Player of the Year, which is voted by Wanderers players, Riera capped off a big night by also picking up the Wanderers Golden Boot and the Rod Allen Award: Media Player of the Year, as voted by media representatives.
Goalkeeper Vedran Janjetovic was crowned the Hyundai A-League Members’ Player of the Year for a stellar season in which he played every minute of every game.
Full list of award winners:
- Hyundai A-League Player of the Year presented by NRMA Insurance: Oriol Riera
- Westfield W-League Player of the Year presented by Western Sydney University: Jada Whyman
- Hyundai A-League Members’ Player of the Year presented by Coffee Emporium: Vedran Janjetovic
- Westfield W-League Members’ Player of the Year presented by Coffee Emporium: Jada Whyman
- Foxtel Y-League Player of the Year: Abraham Majok
- Powerchair Player of the Year presented by House with No Steps: Ben Keyte
- Rod Allen Award: Media Player of the Year: Oriol Riera
- Hyundai A-League Golden Boot presented by Nike: Oriol Riera
- Westfield W-League Golden Boot presented by Nike: Erica Halloway
- Chairman’s Award: Gabrielle Dracopoulos
- Wandercrew Volunteer of the Year: Angok Bol