Western Sydney Wanderers FC boss Tony Popovic has refused to shed any light on the futures of imports Vitor Saba and Seyi Adeleke but admits he’s “open to all possibilities” in the January transfer window.
Saba and Adeleke were both again left out of the Wanderers squad for Thursday night’s scratchy 0-0 draw with Central Coast Mariners at Pirtek Stadium.
Speculation has been rife the pair could be on their way out of Wanderland in the transfer window after failing to settle into Popovic’s plans.
“They just weren’t selected tonight. They were in the squad but not selected for this game,” a coy Popovic said post-game.
“We’ll have a look again for the (Melbourne) Victory game (on Tuesday) and make a decision.”
Asked if he would allow them to seek contracts elsewhere, Popovic said: “Every player is contracted.
“Every year in January you get asked the same questions and we’ve always been open.
“Last year we brought in player…Antony Golec and Daniel Mullen to help us. This year we’ve brought in Nick Kalmar and Kearyn Baccus.
“We’re always looking so we’re open to all possibilities in January.”
A new year failed to bring a change of fortune for the Asian champions, who despite being well below their best still had a couple of good chances to secure a drought-breaking win.
Instead they were forced to settle for another draw at home, making it 11 games without a win for the season.
“It’s frustrating but unfortunately we’ve said that a little bit too often this season so far,” Popovic said.
“But I won’t lose any belief, the players haven’t lost any belief.
“They will get rewarded for those performances. It’s not happening at the moment but it will. I believe if we keep playing our good football the results will turn, there’s no doubt about that.”