Hyundai A-League stats preview: Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners
Did you know that two-thirds of Perth Glory’s goals in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season have come in either the opening (30%) or closing (37%) 15 minutes of games?
That’s a higher percentage in either 15-minute period than any other Hyundai A-League team.
Check out these other top stats ahead of Saturday night’s crucial clash at nib Stadium.
- The Mariners have won three of their last four games against the Glory, keeping a clean sheet in each of those wins.
- However, Perth Glory have won five and drawn one of their last six home games against the Mariners, outscoring their opposition 18-7 in that span.
- Perth defender Shane Lowry has blocked 21 shots this campaign, more than any other player in the competition.
- The Mariners have drawn three of their last four away games and haven’t won an away game in Australia since Round 19 last season.
- Perth Glory haven’t scored in the first half of seven of their nine home games this season; the same number as their previous two seasons combined.
- The Mariners have a passing accuracy of 71% in opposition territory this campaign, second only in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season to the Wanderers (72%).
- With two goals and one assist, Blake Powell has been directly involved in three of the Mariners’ last five away goals.