The Glory and Reds have forged a healthy little rivalry in recent seasons and another chapter will be written at nib Stadium on Saturday night.
Marco Kurz’s Adelaide slumped to their first defeat of the season last time out and they won’t find life any easier against Castro, Keogh and co on their home turf.
For all the important things you need to know ahead of this match-up, Opta Data has you covered.
- Perth Glory have won two of their last three Hyundai A-League games against Adelaide (D1) after having won only one of their 12 meetings prior (D5, L6).
- The Reds have lost only one of their last five games away from home (W2, D2) in the Hyundai A-League, and will be looking for back-to-back road wins for the first time since April 2016.
- Each of the last three meetings between Glory and the Reds at nib Stadium has been decided by a 3-1 score line, with the Glory picking up two wins from those games. Kenny Lowe’s men have also won their last three games on home turf.
- Glory (57%) remain the only team this Hyundai A-League season to boast a shooting accuracy above 50%, with Diego Castro boasting the best shooting accuracy (80%) of any player to have attempted six or more shots.
- Only Sydney FC (63) have had more shots than the Reds this Hyundai A-League season (62)m but Adelaide have managed to record the fewest shots on target of any team (11).
- Adelaide left-back Ben Garuccio has made 16 interceptions this campaign, the joint-most of any player in the Hyundai A-League.