Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix: stats preview
One team is unbeaten and flying high, the other is still searching for a first win of the campaign.
Which streak will end when Newcastle Jets host Wellington Phoenix in an intriguing match-up on Saturday night.
We’ve got all your key stats in info ahead of the clash at McDonald Jones Stadium.
- Wellington Phoenix are undefeated in their last three Hyundai A-League games against Newcastle Jets, scoring nine goals and keeping two clean sheets in the process.
- The Jets have lost only one of their last five home Hyundai A-League games against Wellington (W3, D1), scoring 14 goals.
- Ernie Merrick’s men have made 298 passes into the final third this campaign, more than any other team in the Hyundai A-League.
- Phoenix have scored four goals in the opening half-hour of Hyundai A-League games this season; this is a joint-high with Newcastle this campaign.
- Newcastle are undefeated in their last four Hyundai A-League games (W2, D2), the last time they went longer without a loss was a six-game streak at the end of 2013.
- Only the Mariners’ Tom Hiariej (51) has made more passes into the final third than Goran Paracki (44) this Hyundai A-League season.