Both Newcastle Jets and Brisbane Roar will hope Santa has delivered them some improved Hyundai A-League form as they head into battle on Saturday night.
The Jets have endured a horror fortnight, shipping 10 goals in their last two outings, including a 6-2 drubbing at the hands of Perth Glory last weekend.
Ernie Merrick’s confidence-sapped squad have fallen to the foot of the Hyundai A-League ladder as a result.
They do have a good recent record against the Roar in the Hunter though, having won two and drawn one of their last three clashes between the clubs at McDonald Jones Stadium.
Roar – only above the Jets on the ladder on goal difference – are fresh from a bye last weekend but have also lost their last two matches, conceding seven goals in the process.
Slow starts continue to plague Robbie Fowler’s side, who haven’t scored a first-half goal in any of their last nine Hyundai A-League matches.
Saturday, 28 December 2019
Kick-off: 7.30pm AEDT
Venue: McDonald Jones Stadium
Broadcast: FOX Sports 505
Stream: MyFootball Live App, Kayo Sports
Ways to watch
How to follow the action
Match centre: Live updates, videos and statistics
Follow @ALeague on Twitter and join the conversation using #NEWvBRI #ALeague
To be confirmed.
Did you know?
- The Newcastle Jets are undefeated in their last six A-League games against Brisbane Roar FC (W5, D1), outscoring the Queensland side 14-4 in that time.
- The Newcastle Jets have won only one of their four games at home this A-League campaign (D1, L2), despite trailing at half-time only once in that span.
- The Brisbane Roar remain the only team yet to score a first-half goal this A-League campaign; however, no side has scored more goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season than the Roar (4, level with Sydney FC).
- Newcastle Jets’ Lachlan Jackson has made 7.3 clearances per game this A-League season, more than any other player in the competition.
- Brisbane Roar’s Jay O’Shea has created more scoring chances for Scott Neville (9) than any other player for a single team-mate this A-League campaign.
Round 12: Jets v Roar
Featured NewsRead more
Goodwin vows to 'keep building' as Adelaide seal third win in a row
Craig Goodwin believes Adelaide can keep the momentum going after racking up their third straight win with a 2-1 triumph over the Newcastle Jets. Hometown hero Goodwin struck the winning goal in the 77th minute in his first match at Coopers Stadium in almost two years, after r
Goodwin shines on return home as Reds down Jets
Craig Goodwin proved the difference on his return to the City of Churches as Adelaide United sealed a 2-1 win against the Newcastle Jets. The Socceroos attacker showed his class by netting the 77th-minute winner at Coopers Stadium, his second goal in two games since arriving b
Signing news: Taylor is back in a Phoenix jersey
The Wellington Phoenix are excited to announce that Steven Taylor, their captain during the club's record-setting 2019/20 season, will be returning to the Phoenix for the remainder of the 2020/21 A-League season in Wollongong. ...: Wellington Phoenix and Wollongong Wolves Loo