Newcastle will face a tough test of their title credentials on Saturday afternoon with a resurgent Adelaide United heading to McDonald Jones Stadium.
The Jets have been dealt a blow this week with a long-term injury to striker Roy O’Donovan, while the Reds are coming off a win at Melbourne Victory after finishing the game with nine men.
We’ve gone to Opta Data to get the all-important stats ahead of this Round 11 clash.
- There have been eight clean sheets across the last nine Hyundai A-League meetings between these teams, including two 0-0 draws.
- Newcastle Jets have lost just one of their last seven Hyundai A-League games at McDonald Jones Stadium against the Reds (W3, D3), and are undefeated in their last three (W1, D2).
- The Reds have won their last two games away from home in the Hyundai A-League, the last time they won more was a five-game streak from January to March 2016.
- Ernie Merrick’s troops have now scored a goal in each of their last 10 Hyundai A-League games, never before have they gone longer without being kept goalless.
- Adelaide have made 48% of their total shots from outside the box this Hyundai A-League season (incl. blocks), the greatest proportion of any team in the competition.
- The Jets have faced just 31 shots on target this Hyundai A-League season, only Sydney (28) have recorded fewer this term.
- Reds skipper Isaias has attempted 101 passes into the final third this Hyundai A-League campaign, one of only two players to have made 100 or more (Ben Kantarovski 112).
- Newcastle (23) have outperformed their Expected Goals (18.9) by over four this Hyundai A-League campaign, the second-most of any team in the competition behind Wellington Phoenix.