More misery for Perth Glory as Adelaide United seal super win
After their loss to Brisbane in the last round, Adelaide United have bounced back with a 3-0 win over Perth Glory at nib Stadium on Friday night.
That's now nine goals conceded in two games by Perth, who drop out of the six following this result.
For the Reds, a welcome return for Johan Absalonsen was another reason to celebrate as they picked up a deserved three points on the road.
STORY OF THE GAME
- GOAL: Daniel Adlung with a classy opener for the Reds after nine minutes.
- BABA HITS BAR: A Reds set piece saw Baba Diawara guide his header onto the Perth crossbar after 30 mins.
- CHANCE: Diawara again going close with a glancing header after 43 mins.
- HALF-TIME: 0-1. Reds with a deserved lead at the break.
- GLORY PUSH FOR EQUALISER: The home side began to build some attacking momentum in the opening 20 mins of the second half.
- YELLOW CARD TO KENNY LOWE! The Glory coach goes into the book after 68 mins.
- GOAL: Nathan Konstandopoulos with his debut A-League goal on 71 mins for the Reds.
- GOAL: Absalonsen on the scoresheet to make it 3-0 with four minutes of regulation time to go.
Adlung, Reds 9' 0-1
Energetic Mileusnic burst down the right and his cutback found the German midfielder who wasn't tracked and he deftly lashed the ball home.
Konstandopoulos, Reds 71' 0-2
Absalonsen with the clever pass inside the box to Konstandopoulos who curled a beautiful low shot past Reddy for a second of the night.
Absalonsen, Reds 86' 0-3
Absalonsen collided with Glory keeper Reddy and the Dane lashed home the loose ball into the empty net.