Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC: stats preview
Check out all the key Opta stats for the season-opening grand final replay, the Big Blue between Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC on Saturday night.
- Sydney FC is undefeated in the last five Big Blue’s, and will be looking for back-to-back wins against Victory in Melbourne for the first time in Hyundai A-League history.
- This will be the fifth time that these teams have met in the opening round of a Hyundai A-League campaign, with each of the previous four encounters ending in a draw.
- Only once in the last 10 years has a reigning Hyundai A-League champion won their opening game of the season (Brisbane Roar in 2011/12).
- Melbourne Victory has won five of their last six Hyundai A-League matches at home; keeping clean sheets in their last two.
- Sydney FC boasted a save percentage of 86% last Hyundai A-League season, 10% higher than next-best Melbourne Victory (76%).
- Sky Blues’ duo Milos Ninkovic and Michael Zullo made 424 passes to one another across the course of the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 Season, more than any other pair of players across the competition.