Melbourne Derby: key stats and facts from City's win over Victory
It was a pulsating Melbourne Derby won by City over Victory 2-1. Here are your key stats from a cracking clash at Etihad.
- This was the eighth Melbourne Derby decided by a score of 2-1, and the third in succession.
- Melbourne Victory opened their A-League campaign with back-to-back losses for just the second time in A-League history, and the first time since 2012/13 (which also included a 2-1 loss to Melbourne City).
- Melbourne City have now won three of the last six Melbourne Derbies, and have now scored two or more goals in five of the last seven iterations of the fixture.
- Victory managed to make just two shots on target on the night; the last time they made fewer in a game where they scored a goal was in March 2016 against the Jets (1 shot on target).
- Stefan Mauk made nine tackles, more than twice as many as any of his teammates on the night and the most of any Melbourne City player in a single game since Jack Clisby made 10 in November 2015.