Melbourne City vs Wellington Phoenix: stats and key facts
City ground out a 1-0 win over Phoenix thanks to Ross McCormack's stunning free kick. But who won the stats?
- Melbourne City earned a fifth consecutive victory against Wellington Phoenix, extending what is their longest winning streak against a single team in A-League history.
- Melbourne City earned a fourth win in their last five games on home turf, keeping a clean sheet in each of those victories.
- The loss marked the first time in 14 games that Wellington failed to score a goal, it had been their longest scoring streak in A-League history.
- Melbourne City won just 10 fouls on the night; only once in their 60 A-League games prior did they win fewer (9 vs Mariners in March 2015).
- Five Wellington players made 50 or more passes on the night (Abbas, Ridenton, Galloway, Mullen, Paracki), the last time more Phoenix players made 50+ passes in a single game was in February 2015 (Sigmund, Riera, Rodriguez, Muscat, Boxall, Durante).