Did you know Melbourne City defender Bart Schenkeveld has the best pass accuracy of any player in the Hyundai A-League to have made more than 100 passes?
The Dutch defender’s pass accuracy stands at an impressive 89% ahead of the clash with Wellington Phoenix.
Here are some of other key Opta facts heading into the final match of Round 14 at AAMI Park on Saturday night.
- Melbourne City have won their last five Hyundai A-League games on the bounce against Wellington Phoenix, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Wellington’s only previous victory at AAMI Park against Melbourne City in the Hyundai A-League from 11 attempts came in December 2013 (1-0).
- Only once in Melbourne City’s last six Hyundai A-League games at AAMI Park has either team managed to score multiple goals (Perth Glory def. City, 3-1 in Rd 8, 2017/18).
- Phoenix have failed to score a goal in each of their last five Hyundai A-League games away from home, their longest ever drought on the road.
- City have managed 19 shots on target from outside the box this Hyundai A-League campaign, the equal most of any team in the competition (Jets).
- Wellington have a duel success rate of 52% this campaign, better than any other team in the Hyundai A-League.
- ‘Nix striker Andrija Kaluderovic has won 48 aerial duels this campaign, the second most of any player in the Hyundai A-League (Bobo – 51).