Mariners v Sydney FC: Hyundai A-League stats preview
Did you know Central Coast Mariners have won four of their last six games immediately after conceding five or more goals in the previous Hyundai A-League game?
After their 5-2 drubbing last weekend, can the Mariners do it again against champions Sydney FC in Gosford on Saturday?
Thanks to Opta Data, we’ve got all the key stats you need ahead of the big clash.
- The Mariners are undefeated in their last two Hyundai A-League games against Sydney FC (W1, D1), having picked up only a draw in their nine meetings prior (L8).
- Sydney FC haven’t lost to the Mariners in the Hyundai A-League on a Saturday since March 2014, picking up five wins and two draws since.
- The Sky Blues have lost their last two Hyundai A-League games in a row, the last time they lost more in succession was a three-game drought in October-November 2013.
- The Mariners made 38 and 40 clearances in their two previous games against Sydney FC this Hyundai A-League season, only twice in this campaign have they made more in a fixture.
- Graham Arnold’s side (8,889) has completed more passes this Hyundai A-League campaign than any other team, while only the Wanderers (79.3%) have a better passing accuracy than the Sky Blues (78.8%).
- Mariners playmaker Andrew Hoole has contested 330 duels this Hyundai A-League campaign, the second-most of any player in the competition; he’s won 155 of those duels.
- Sydney FC duo Joshua Brillante (1,456) and Jordy Buijs (1,324) have attempted more passes this Hyundai A-League season than any other players.
Central Coast Mariners v Sydney FC
WHEN: Saturday, March 24 – kick-off 5.35pm AEDT
WHERE: Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
HOW TO WATCH: LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on Fox Sports 501